All pupils and students to return to school on Monday 19 April at the usual start times. View full term dates here.
Business Studies is designed not only for students aiming for a career within the business sector or considering building their own enterprise in the future but also for young people who wish to build a valuable range of skills and knowledge that can equip them for employment later in life.
The course covers key areas such as financial management, business operations, decision making and marketing strategy.
- the importance of the context of business in relation to decision making
- the interrelated nature of business activities and how they affect competitiveness
- the competitive environment and the markets in which businesses operate
- the influences on functional decisions and plans including ethical and environmental issues
- the factors that might determine whether a decision is successful eg the quality of data and the degree of uncertainty
- how technology is changing the way decisions are made and how businesses operate and compete
- the impact on stakeholders of functional decisions and their response to such decisions
- the use of non-quantitative and quantitative data in decision making.
Business Studies is widely accepted by universities for admission onto degree courses in the areas of Business, Finance, Law and Social Science (amongst many others).
Mr L Dwyer
Admissions enquiriese: email@example.com