An Inclusive School
Together, we learn better.
In the SEN(D) Code of Practice (2015) it states that:
‘All teachers are teachers of pupils with special educational needs.’
The University of Birmingham School is an inclusive school that delivers Quality First Teaching by subject staff who have a keen awareness of a range of special educational needs, medical needs and disability. Parents/Carers are a vital part of our inclusive practice and we always seek to work as a cohesive team: young person, parents, staff.
Our SEN(D)/Inclusion Team
Our subject staff are supported to achieve the aims of the SEN(D) Code of Practice by our Inclusion team:
- Ms Kate Campbell – Assistant Vice-Principal (SEN(D)CO/Designated Teacher for LAC)
- Miss Bethany Conroy – SEN(D)/Inclusion Manager
- Miss Olu Ogungbe – Coaching Team Lead for Numeracy
- Mr Luke Beddow – Coaching Team Lead for Literacy
- Mrs Vicky Drakopanagiotaki – Coaching Team Lead for Social Skills (ASD Lead)
Any parent or carer with queries can contact the School’s SEN(D)CO, Ms Campbell, by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling her via the main School number on 0121 796 5000.