An Inclusive School
Together, we learn better.
In the SEND Code of Practice (2015) it states that:
‘All teachers are teachers of pupils with special educational needs.’
The University of Birmingham School is an inclusive school that delivers Quality First Teaching by subject staff who have a keen awareness of a range of special educational needs, medical needs and disability. Parents/Carers are a vital part of our inclusive practice and we always seek to work as a cohesive team: young person, parents, staff.
Our SEND/Inclusion Team
Our subject staff are supported to achieve the aims of the SEND Code of Practice by our Inclusion team:
- Miss K Poulton – SENDCO
- Mrs O Aboderin – Coaching Team Lead for Numeracy
- Mr L Beddow – Coaching Team Lead for Literacy
- Mr M O’Neill – Coaching Team Lead for Communication & Interaction
Any parent or carer with queries can contact the School’s SENDCO, Miss Poulton by emailing her at email@example.com or calling her via the main School number on 0121 796 5000.
Local Offer for Birmingham
For further information on the following, please visit www.localofferbirmingham.co.uk
- Sources of support, advice and information for children, young people and families including support groups and forums.
- Special educational, health and social care provision for children and young people with SEN or disabilities.
- Arrangements to identify and assess children and young people with SEN, including how an assessment can be requested.
- Other educational provision, for example leisure activities, sports or arts provision.
- Information about provision to assist in preparing children and young people for adulthood including post-16 education and training provision.
- Arrangements for travel to and from schools, post-16 institutions and early years providers.
- Childcare, including suitable provision for disabled children and those with SEND.
- Support available to young people in higher education, particularly the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) and the process and timescales for making an application for DSA.
- Arrangements for resolving disagreements and for mediation, and details about making complaints.