University of Birmingham School Sixth Form Entry Requirements
University of Birmingham School Sixth Form Entry Requirements.
With a focus on character education, a close partnership with the world-class University of Birmingham, inspiring and highly qualified teachers, a supportive School environment, and a wide range of enrichment options to take part in, the University of Birmingham School Sixth Form offers a truly distinctive experience at this important stage of your life.
Our Specific Entry Requirements
To be eligible for entry into the University of Birmingham School’s Sixth Form you will be expected to meet the minimum academic entry requirements:
- At least a Grade 6 at GCSE in the subjects you want to study at A Level.
- At least a Grade A, or a 7, in associated subjects if your chosen A Level subject is not offered at GCSE, eg an 7 in Mathematics to study Computer Science (8 in Mathematics if you wish to study Further Mathematics).
- At least 5 GCSEs, in any subject, at Grade 5.
- At least a Grade 5 at GCSE in English Language and Mathematics (even if you are not studying these subjects beyond GCSE).
- If the School is oversubscribed, you may need to achieve at least a Grade A at GCSE in the subjects that you want to study, or equivalent, typically at least a 7 in the new grading system.
Offers will be based upon predicted grades and will be conditional on achieving those results.
To find out more, come to see us at our next Sixth Form Open Evenings on Wednesday 9 January 2019. Booking for these events will open soon.