This scheme temporarily increases data allowances for mobile phone users on certain networks. This is so that children and young people can access remote education if their face-to-face education is disrupted.
Who can get help
Schools, trusts and local authorities can request mobile data increases for children and young people who:
- do not have fixed broadband at home
- cannot afford additional data for their devices
- are experiencing disruption to their face-to-face education
Children with access to a mobile phone on one of the following networks might be able to benefit:
- Virgin Mobile
- Tesco Mobile
- Sky Mobile
Other providers may join the scheme at a later stage.
If you wish to request a mobile data increase, please email the below details to email@example.com and we will help process this for you:
- the name, year group of pupil/student
- the name of the account holder of mobile device
- the number of the mobile device
- the mobile network of that device (for example Three)