Half Term: 25 October – 29 October.
School will welcome back pupils and students on Monday 01 November 2021.
Information & Updates for Parents/Carers regarding COVID-19
Useful Documents & Links
- Risk Assessment & Control Measures – as of 28 September 2021.
- Risk Assessments & Control Measures 2019/20 & 2020/21 Archived.
- Risk Management for Open Events 2021.
- UoB School Safeguarding Addendum Covid-19.
- Home School Agreement & Code of Conduct Addendum – Covid-19.
- Privacy Statement – Pupils Home Testing March 2021.
- How to take a Lateral Flow Test (rapid antigen test) at home – NHS.
- UoB School Grading Statement March 2021.
- UoB School JCQ Guidance Centre Policy Summer 2021.
Online Learning Guides:
15 October 2021: Covid-19 update
A reminder that if your child exhibits symptoms of Covid-19:
- A new continuous cough
- A high temperature
- A loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
Please do not send your child in to School. Arrange for a PCR test and keep them at home whilst awaiting the test result. Details of how to arrange a PCR test are outlined here or by calling 119. Once the test result is known, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need any further guidance at any point, please contact the School via 0121 796 5000 or email email@example.com.
02 September 2021: Message from the Principal
As the start of term for pupils and students next week approaches, please find this document which provides a reminder of the attendance schedule from Monday 06 September. This information can also be accessed via our social media channels, here: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.
We return to School with different health and safety measures to those previously in place, in relation to Covid-19. In accordance with guidance from the Department for Education, and in consultation with University School Governors, please find an overview document attached which seeks to summarise our expectations and control measures to promote wellbeing. As we have across the pandemic to date, we shall remain responsive and agile to the need for any future changes.
As we enter next week and undertake our schedule of onsite Covid-19 lateral flow testing, please be aware that we can only offer testing with your consent – which requires the submission of your permission. Where this has not yet been provided by you, we shall be sending a separate correspondence to you. Whilst testing is encouraged, it is not mandatory for the return to School.
I take this opportunity to express my hope that you and your family have enjoyed the summer holiday period, and that we look forward to welcoming University School pupils and students next week.