Consultation: Proposed Sixth Form Admission Arrangements for 2020/2021
University of Birmingham School is changing its Sixth Form admissions policy, with the proposed changes to come into effect from 2020/21:
- A provisional admissions number of 50 external places for the academic year 2020/21
- This number is based on the scenario whereby every UoB School Year 11 progresses to the School’s Sixth Form (and a Sixth Form capacity of 200 students)
- This number is provisional and can be amended up and down, depending on how many Year 11 pupils meet the Sixth Form’s entry requirements
- Over-subscription criteria will apply if there are more applicants which meet the requirements than places available
- Sixth Form applicants will be required to achieve five GCSEs at grade 6 or above; grade 6 in the candidate’s proposed A-level subjects; and at least grade 5 in English and Mathematics
- Over-subscription criteria will require a grade 7 in the applicant’s chosen A-level subjects.
2020 will be the first year where Year 11 students will flow through into Year 12 and the proposals reflect this change – alongside an attempt to address discrepancies in entry requirements as a result of the new GCSE grading system.
For further information on the proposals, please see our full summary which you can download here.
If you would like to comment on these proposals, please use the form below. The form is open until 27 January 2019.